Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Time Flies...

It has been six months since my mind shared itself with you via the tap, tap, tap on my keyboard. Six months seems very long for a writer not to write. It isn't that I didn't have anything to write about. My days have flown by in a blur of activity for the most part. So what has held me back? I honestly don't have an answer, but it sure feels good to be back here.

Well yesterday I got the news that I have been waiting to hear. My transplant in my left eye will have to be redone due to the rejection. The most common response to my news has been that it may go better this time around due to the fact that I was engulfed in crisis the last time around.

It has been almost 2 years since my initial transplant. It seems so long ago, yet also seems like it was just yesterday. My life has been filled with changes the last 2 years. In many ways I am a different person than I was when I faced the transplant procedure the last time. I was so unsure of many things, the most of which being what if I see the world through different "eyes" with a new cornea. I must say I am seeing the world quite differently now, but not because of the new cornea. The changes I have experienced have all been a significant influence with regards to how differently I see the world.

On the horizon I see many more changes to come as I continue to face the challenges and struggles as well as the blessings in life. I will enter into this transplant procedure knowing that I can "survive" it and that my world won't fall apart as I see it with new vision...instead the new vision is an opportunity for continued growth as I change the aperture on my "camera"... Yes, thanks Jack for seeing me through the last procedure, now I can stand on my own instead of being carried and I can rejoice in the love and support I have in my life that will come through this shared experience with family and friends.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home