Wednesday, October 24, 2007

WOW....




Tomorrow will mark one year since my first entry in this blogging realm....a year since I first invited you to dance with me through the journey of life. And what a year it has been.....I survived, no I more than survived ~ I truly lived! :)

Those who share my journey with me know that this year has been filled with many changes and transitions. There were days where the constant shifting had me spiraling, not knowing which direction to turn.....and then there were days where I marveled at the blessings, the learning opportunities that the constant shifting provided. One could never say this past year has been dull. In fact it has been very colourful....from the dark, black days to the days filled with the vibrancy of a rainbow.

I remember a year ago when facing the reality of a very significant physical change....giving up a part of myself in exchange for a more healthy and functional part of someone else....and the questions and fears that plagued my thoughts. I remember questioning on a very deep level....what if this physical change affects the way I see the world....what if it changes who I am? Someone very special said to me in words that I could truly embrace that it may alter things for me, but wouldn't change the essence of my being. And yes.....I can say....almost one year later....that I am still who I am at the core of my being, the person God created me to be. And I have been blessed by the "alterations"......the change in my vision has been more than physical and has brought about many learning opportunities.


When I reflect back upon this journey through the dance of life over the past year I know without a shadow of doubt that it has been a year of growth for me....of self discovery and awareness....of learning new things and having some very solid beliefs affirmed. This past year, throughout my journey of continual growth.....


I have come to truly believe.....

~ that the times of challenge are when you learn the most about yourself and about others

~ that true change only comes from within....you cannot change others and others cannot
change you

~ that it is ok to ask for help....to allow others to support you....and that doing so doesn't mean you are a failure

~ that people really do come into our lives for a "reason", "season" or a "lifetime".....and you may be surprised by their role.....that there are very few people who truly enter our lives for a lifetime

~ that fear is the greatest inhibitor in life.....it provides the greatest challenge in all aspects of life, especially relationships. It is also the most difficult thing to overcome...but when you do, it is REALLY worth it!

~ that no matter how much you love someone, it may not be enough....unless their heart is open to embracing that love

~ that you cannot forgive others if you don't forgive yourself first

~ that our worth comes from who we are....who we believe ourselves to be....not what we do or what we have

~ that there is no greater gift than being truly loved....especially if that love is unconditional

~ that the words "I am sorry", spoken from the heart, mean a lot.....everyone makes mistakes

~ that we hurt the ones we love and trust the most.....despite our best intentions not to

~ that we are constantly growing and evolving throughout this journey....I am not perfect, nor will I ever be....and that's ok

~ that the old saying "bad things happen to good people" is really true.....it doesn't matter how "good" you are, you will always face challenges in your life...it is how you face those challenges that makes the difference

~ that my life is truly blessed.....each day is a blessing and a gift.....and each person in it is a true treasure to me

~ that even on the hardest days to face....life is truly worth living

~ that I am stronger than I often think I am.....that when I fall down I will always get up, even if it means I need a "hand" to grasp onto in order to pull myself up

~ that God loves me as I am created, even when I falter and make unhealthy choices.....his amazing grace and forgiveness is there for me when I open myself up to it

~ that without HOPE...life is very hard to live

~ that to truly love with your mind, body, spirit and heart you need to trust....without trust love is so much harder to give and receive

~ that we may never be able to forget the past....but we can use it to face the present and the future...even in the darkest moments of our past a blessing can be found.....because it is part of what makes us who we are

~ that we all deserve to be loved and accepted without judgment

~ that I am truly worthy and loved by many

~ that I love you all....my friends and family members....those who have shared my journey....with my whole heart....and I am so thankful that you are willing to dance with me....without you, this journey would be so much harder to truly experience

So thank you.....my friends and family members.....as I celebrate this one year milestone.....which truly means more than "one year of blogging"....I look forward to continuing to dance with you ~ even in the times we need our "hip waders". I LOVE YOU ALL!

And yes, my dear friend....you were right.....I am still who I am at the core of my being....that wonderful person I was created to be. Thank you for helping me be able to "see" that....and for all others who have helped me "see" when my "vision" wasn't clear.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home