Thursday, April 26, 2007

I believe.....

In my online explorations I came across this statement of beliefs. Today as I look for strength, for belief, for faith, I felt compelled to share these wonderful words that have touched my life. This entry will be a "work in progress".....if you wish, send me your "beliefs" and I will add them to the entry. I will begin with the original entry and then add my own entries at the end and then finally the beliefs that are shared with me.


I believe ~
that just because two people argue,
it doesn't mean they don't love each other.
And just because they don't argue it doesn't mean they do.

I believe ~
that we don't have to change friends
if we understand that friends change.

I believe ~
that no matter how good a friend is,
they are going to hurt you every once in a while
and you must forgive them for that.

I believe ~
that true friendship continues to grow,
even over the longest distance.
Same goes for true love.

I believe ~
that you can do something in an instant that
will give you heartache for life.

I believe ~
that it's taking me a long time to become the person I want to be.

I believe ~
that you should always leave loved ones with loving words.
It may be the last time you see them.

I believe ~
that you can keep going long after you think you can't.

I believe ~
that we are responsible for what we do, no matter how we feel.

I believe ~
that either you control your attitude or it controls you.

I believe ~
that heroes are the people who do what has to be done when it needs to be done, regardless of the consequences.

I believe ~
that money is a lousy way of keeping score.

I believe ~
that my best friend and I can do anything or nothing
and have the best time.

I believe ~
that sometimes the people you expect to kick you when you are down,
will be the ones to help you back up.

I believe ~
that sometimes when I am angry I have the right to be angry,
but that doesn't give me the right to be cruel.


I believe ~
that maturity has more to do with what types of experiences you've had and what you've learned from them and less to do with how many birthdays you have celebrated.

I believe ~
that it isn't always enough to be forgiven by others.
Sometimes you have to learn to forgive yourself.

I believe ~
that no matter how bad your heart is broken
the world doesn't stop for your grief.

I believe ~
that our background and circumstances may have influenced who we
are, but we are responsible for who we become.

I believe ~
that you shouldn't be so eager to find out a secret.
It could change your life forever.

I believe ~
two people can look at the exact same thing
and see something totally different.

I believe ~
that your life can be changed in a matter of hours
by people who don't even know you.

I believe ~
that even when you think you have no more to give,
when a friend cries out to you ~ you will find strength to help.

I believe ~
that credentials on the wall do not make you a decent human being.

I believe ~
that the people you care about most in your life
are taken from you too soon.

That's what I believe.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I believe ~
that hands are for holding, mouths are for speaking and sharing,
ears are for listening, arms are for embracing
and hearts are for loving.

I believe ~
that a smile can work wonders! :)

I believe ~
that good relationships are a lot of work, but well worth the effort.

I believe ~
that the words "I love you" can never be said too often.

I believe ~
that we can never be loved by too many people....
that there is always room for more love in our lives.

I believe ~
that it does take a "community" to raise a child.

I believe ~
that children can never get too dirty, laugh too much or have too much fun....
there is always room for more laughter, fun and life experiences.

I believe ~
that the true beauty of the world can be seen through a child's eyes.

I believe ~
that everyone deserves at least "four hugs a day"!

I believe ~
that tears are meant to be shed and laughter is meant to be shared....
both mean we are experiencing life.

I believe ~
that we are all created and designed to be our unique self....
and that finding that self and honouring that self is one of life's greatest accomplishments.
Live as you were destined to live!

I believe ~
that what we give to others is what we will receive in return.

I believe ~
that the greatest gift we can give is one without cost.

I believe ~
that one of life's most precious gifts is the gift of forgiveness....
of self and others.

I believe ~
that the most amazing love for others comes when we love ourself.

I believe ~
that there is no greater pain than that of knowing
you have hurt someone you love.

I believe ~
that forgiveness and acceptance is needed to move forward.

I believe ~
that fear is paralyzing.

I believe ~
that we are stronger than we think we are.

I believe ~
that even when we put up the greatest walls of protection,
we are still vulnerable.

I believe ~
that moments are meant to be embraced....
because there is never enough time....
we never know when that moment may be our last.

I believe ~
that life is a journey....
full of a variety of emotions, experiences and connections.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home